Our international collaborators
Wageningen University & Research, The Netherlands
Professor of Dairy Science & Technology, Thom Huppertz, uses the DELTA Model as part of postgraduate sustainable food based dietary guidelines teaching. He also supervises research on mineral bioavailability and protein quality, the results of which will inform this aspect of the DELTA Model’s development.
University of Lincoln, UK
Associate Professor of Food Insights and Sustainability, Wayne Martindale, is actively researching sustainability in food product development and food system connectivity, using complementary approaches to the DELTA Model. He has also contributed to the SNI Thoughts for Food.
Monash University, Australia
Professor Louise Bennett and Dr Margaret Murray are researchers and academics in food science and nutrition at Monash University. They use the DELTA Model for teaching about sustainability in the Advanced Food Chemistry and Advanced Food Nutrition and Health modules in the Master of Food Science and Agribusiness at Monash University.
- Design: Andrew Fletcher1,2, Jeremy Hill1,2, Simon Hunter4, Warren McNabb1
- Programming: Andrew Fletcher1,2, Nick Smith1, Joshua Ghezzi3, Christopher Pearce3
- Research and Nutrition: Lakshmi Acharya1, Natalie Russell3, Caroline Gunn2, Nick Smith1, Warren McNabb1
- Resources: We would like to thank shiftn for permission to reproduce the global food system map.
- Olivia Finer2, Andrew Fletcher1,2, Jeremy Hill1,2, Warren McNabb1, Nick Smith1
Thoughts for Food
- Olivia Finer2, Andrew Fletcher1,2, Cody Garton4, Jeremy Hill1,2, Wayne Martindale5, Warren McNabb1, Nick Smith1
- Riddet Institute
- Fonterra Cooperative Group Limited
- University of Lincoln
DELTA Model Data Sources
- Food Production: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) Food Balance Sheets
- Food Composition: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) FoodData Central
- Demographics: UN FAO Annual Population and United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) World Population Prospects
- Nutrition Requirements: European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) (2017) Dietary reference values for nutrients and UN FAO (2013) Dietary protein quality evaluation in human nutrition.
- In-home Losses: UN FAO (2011) – Global Food Losses and Food Waste
- Animal Feed Allocation: Mottet et. al. (2017) Livestock: On our plates or eating at our table? A new analysis of the feed/food debate